Monday 8 February 2010

Light

Check out this light sculpture
I just finished thanks to Jack's masterful light wiring capabilities:



Pretty great eh?
It's made from a bull's skull that my mother found for me.

Apparently it was de-fleshed using a traditional "Mexican Method" which (from what I understand) seems to mean it was simply left in the desert until all flesh and fur was eaten or burned off by the sun.

Works for me.

Unfortunately some sticky fingered postal service person helped him/herself to the beautiful horns of this creature on it's way over.

Bastards!

So I've made my own horns ... a sort of "brushed silver" version.

I like the way it looks like he's actually "looking" at you---
and the way the light picks up on all of the intricate cracks and thinned bone of the skull.

No comments: