Tuesday 23 March 2010

Taxidermy Guild Conference



I finally made it to this year's Taxidermy Guild Conference held in Derbyshire.

In past years there has been confusion over my official address, and I've always missed the annual conference because they would send all the info to California, and I wouldn't hear about it weeks or sometimes months after the fact.

Thankfully this year I made sure they had my UK address, and I was able to make it over!

It was incredible--- I learned so much, and met so many fantastic people.

In fact, I enjoyed it so much I found myself getting voted onto the Guild Committee by the end of my trip... what an honour!

Here's an image of the work that won "best in show" by Steve Newcombe:


And one of my personal favorites (and winner of the best bird mount) by Mike Gadd:


For better images see the Guild website... these images are just from my iPhone so they're a bit crap.

No comments: